Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

So I spend all day teaching children about safety. Here are some of the highlights:

Me: Can you think of a time you've felt the uh-oh feeling?
1st Grade Girl: One time I stuck my finger in a pencil sharpener!

Me: Who's in charge of keeping your body safe? (I'm looking for the answer "me" in this question.
Anxious Kindgergarten Boy: Heavenly Father!
Me: He helps, but who else?
Another Anxious Boy: Oh I know! It's Jesus!

Me: What are some safety rules that you guys already know?
Little Boy: If there's a buffalo, run. And if he looks like he's about to charge, hide.

Me: When is a time you've felt the uh-oh feeling?
Tiny Little Kindergarten Girl: Um, well, my family is going to Hawaii next week.
Me: . . .

Me: Who is someone you could tell if you had a bad secret?
Precocious Kindergarten Girl: Well one time ... (launches into a long story and during a deep breath I interject)
Me: Yes but who is someone you could tell if you had a bad secret?
PKG: (in a sassy little voice) I'm not done talking yet!

2 comments:

  1. Those are hilarious! Oh, kids. Gotta love 'em. Your job sounds like a blast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I especially love the buffalo comment. Kids are great.

    ReplyDelete