Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Fashion Files


So the other day as I was wandering around Barnes and Noble (a favorite pastime of mine) I stumbled across the book Fashion File: Advice, Tips, and Inspiration from the Costume Designer of MAD MEN. I took it with me to the back of the store so I could sit down and look through the rather large stack of books I'd collected - not really expecting to spend much time with this particular book. However, 2 hours later I had read the whole thing.

Now, I'm not really one to be super fashionable or trendy. But I do try to look nice. And I feel like that's really more what this book was about. It was about finding your own style, loving your body, and respecting yourself. It got me thinking a lot about all of that. It also got me thinking I need to update a few items in my wardrobe. Specifically dresses.

I really don't own that many dresses. Lots of skirts, but maybe only one or two dresses I actually wear. And one of them recently got a pen stain on it (oops). Lucky for me, I ran across this yesterday and discovered that Shabby Apple, most beautiful and modest of all beautiful and modest dresses, is having a trunk show! Hooray! At last I can actually try on the dresses I've been drooling over for the last year! And in a shameless attempt to win a free dress from them, I'm posting about the event on my blog. Here are the details:

What: A Shabby Apple trunk show
When: Friday, November 19th from 1 to 6 p.m. and Saturday, November 20th from 10 to 3 p.m.
Where: The old Jaylynn Studio, 3689 Highland Drive, Salt Lake City
Why: Whyever not?!

Come try on dresses with me and feel fabulous.

1 comment:

  1. You're so lucky that you live close enough to go to their trunk shows! I think they just had another one recently and I was so bummed I couldn't go. I have a couple of their dresses and I love them.

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete