Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fools!

Phone conversation between me and Terry at approximately 8pm last night:

T: Hey honey! Why is it so loud over there?

C: Oh I'm at the gym. How are you? Why are you calling? Aren't you at work?

T: Yeah I am. Listen, I just thought I should call ahead and warn you, I got jacked in the face playing ball like 40 minutes ago and I might need stitches.

C: (Oh right, like I'm buying that. It's April Fools, he can't get me that easy!) Oh no! Are you ok?

T: Yeah I've just put some steri-strips on it for now and that's holding it together pretty good. I can't decide if I need stitches or not.

C: (unable to hold it in any longer) Ha! Right! I so don't believe you - it's April Fools Day man! And I'm no fool!

T: Oh. I had totally forgotten it was April Fools. I really did cut my head.

C: I don't believe you.

T: If this were an April Fools joke Caitlin, I would have just told you that I was in the Emergency Room already.

(long pause with only the sound of treadmills in the background)

C: Wait, are you being serious???

And yes folks, he was. We decided not to go for the stitches and just kept it taped up. He thinks he was a little bit concussed too, which actually should work as a great excuse in case he fails the take-home test he took this morning. Definitely not how I thought my night would go last night.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahah that's really funny. You are a clever girl you!! Poor Terry!!!

    ReplyDelete