Sunday, January 24, 2010

These Are the Moments

I don't think life is about one grand event or a single accomplishment. In fact, I think it's just the opposite. I think it's all the little times, strung together, that make life so great. So here's a list of my most favorite moments as of late - moments that are making my life awesome.

-I leaned over to Terry in the middle of Sunday School to tell him how an episode of 24 we recently watched related to the plan of salvation. All I had to say was "it's like when President Taylor" and he knew which one I was talking about and how it related.

-We stayed in our pajamas till 1 in the afternoon, watching the last few episodes of Gilmore Girls. Terry sings along with me every time the opening song comes on.

-I was walking across campus to go grab something from our car and I looked up and saw Terry in the street next to me, driving a golf cart with PowerAde on the back. We smiled and waved.

-Terry got an electric guitar for his birthday. He'll start playing it and ask what he should sing about. Usually I say me, but once I said he should write a song about 24. He did and it's so good!

-We went to the dollar theater to see the movie 2012. It was so over the top and completely absurd that we were both cracking up during the parts that were supposed to be really intense. We were the only ones in the theater laughing.

-I often fall asleep on the couch before I actually want to. Terry wakes me back up when it's time to go to bed. Apparently I become even more hilarious than usual in this state between sleep and wake. One night, I actually stayed awake all the way until it was time for bed. As we were going to sleep, Terry said he was going to wake me back up in 20 minutes just to hear what I was going to say.

I have to say, my life's pretty great. I have so much to be grateful for and so much to look forward to. To end, I'd like to share a quote I once heard in one of my classes:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow, what a ride!!!'"

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you discovered one of the secrets to life and you're only 21. Way to go, Caitlin! I'm glad you are enjoying all those good moments as they happen. And to think it just gets better and better. You're right--you really do have so much to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete